Answered By: Peter Nerzak Last Updated: Mar 16, 2017 Views: 744
Answered By: Peter Nerzak
Last Updated: Mar 16, 2017 Views: 744
PSCC Libraries offer full access to lynda.com!
- Go to the library's link to lynda.com. If you go directly to the lynda website, you will not get free access.
- Bookmark the library's lynda link: http://lib.pstcc.edu/lynda
- If off-campus, log in with your PSCC username and password.
- At the lynda.com login screen, click on the Create a Profile link.
- Enter your PSCC email address (other email addresses will be rejected) and create a password only for lyndaCampus.
- Every time you return to the lynda.com login screen, log in with your PSCC email address and lyndaCampus password to see your progress in the courses and continue working.
- While the location of the Lynda.com database is indicated in the first sentence above it is not intuitively direct wording to navigate to the desred page. How many students have mistakenly selected the "A-Z" Index featured on the PSTCC main page menu bar, at the the top of the screen, and ended up at a page containing only two entries that begin with "L" and neither are Lynda.com? The user must locate the "Lynda.com" database by selecting the "A-Z Database" from the "Find" drop down menu on the Libraries home page menu bar (http://lib.pstcc.edu/az.php). Here is where you select "L" and locate the "Lynda.com"database. The rest of the access process is a straight forward list tof instructions. Eventually you complete all the registration steps for a first time user and you should definitely SAVE THIS LOGIN PAGE bookmark! I spent more time loking for the proxy server (the" A_Z Database" link) than I did setting up the website's registration requirements. Lynda.com is an in valuable tool for those who spend the time to take advantage of it!
- Hi Curtis,
I wanted to thank you so much for taking the time to give us great feedback on our lyndaCampus FAQ!
We have taken your recommendations and updated the answer. Take a look and see what you think!
Please don't hesitate to comment on any other improvements you can see on our site: It's great to have another pair of eyes!