Answered By: Stephanie C Gillespie Last Updated: Jun 22, 2018 Views: 265
A librarian has a Master's degree in Library Science or Information Science, which studies information sources and how information is developed, collected, organized, evaluated, used, and managed.
Librarians are researchers on steroids.
- They can help you through any part of the researching process, from picking a topic to citing your sources.
- They know how to hack the databases and search engines to find information.
- They can visualize and plan the researching process for a topic.
- They know whether you should trust a source of information.
- They know where certain types of information can be found.
- They know how to ethically use information (ex. citation and copyright).
Knowledge is power, and librarians want to empower you!